Congregation Torat El — We are a Community Building Relationships
Saturday, February 20th, 7:30pm – Nite at the Races Hearts thumping…Hooves stomping…And they’re off! All the fun and excitement of the Kentucky Derby right here at Congregation Torat El! Join us for an evening of thoroughbred racing, dinner, gift auction and fantastic prizes! Tickets $50 includes admission, dinner, beer, soda, mixers (byob) and play money. Reserve your spot online!
- Wednesday Lunch ‘n Learn with Rabbi Schonbrun – We will continue exploring “Code of Jewish Ethics” series. Come join us for this interactive, informal, and engaging experience. Wednesdays, 12:00-1:00pm
- Wednesdays: 7:30 – 8:30pm – Jan 20, 27, Feb 3, 10
Two Rabbis, Three Opinions: Taking A Closer Look At Jewish Law Have you heard of the Committee on Jewish Law and Standards (CJLS) of the Conservative Movement? Did you ever wonder how decisions were made in our communities, or how the mechanisms for changing and adapting the law actually work in our movement? Ranging in topics from ritual practices, to interpersonal relationships, gender issues, technology, business and biomedical ethics, this robust body has produced a wealth of literature on a variety of topics intended to guide our lives and inform our behavior. Come and join us as we take a close look at the CJLS, explore and grapple with its relevance, and study some of the actual responses that it has produced during the past century. No previous knowledge required. Bring your questions and bring a friend! RSVP to the temple office if you will be attending.
Monday afternoons at 2:00 PM – Bereavement Group
Monday, January 18th at 7:30 PM – Caregivers Group
Friday mornings, 9:15am Yoga – Phyllis Jacobs leads Friday morning yoga. Join us for morning minyan or just come for yoga! Bring a blanket or yoga mat
- CTE sponsors MLK day observance
- Thank you from synagogue receiving donated Torah…
- CTE Teacher Receives Award for Excellence
- Sharing our Torot with the World: Read More…
- CTE in Pictures: Students help with Hurricane Sandy Relie
- Torah Donation Ceremony: Read More Also, see article in New Jersey Jewish News